Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Introduction and Works in Progress

So. I am a knitter. I have been knitting (seriously) for six years. I tend to be drawn towards lace and stitch work that does not involve cables. I get frustrated with the time cabling takes. Lace on the other hand is wonderful. You follow straightforward directions and at the end of the project, you get to work magic!

I struggle with color work, but I'm working on that. I also have a chronic case of startitis. On the plus side, even though I usually have ten plus things on the needles, I do end up finishing things. Eventually.

I spin, and I tat. I even crochet a little. Emphasis on little.

I have also started organizing my stash. I need more space to store it and also discovered that I probably have closer to twenty projects than ten right now. Which means I need to stop starting new projects. Which also means I promptly cast on a shawl last night.

I cast on Semi-Precious in a 75/25 wool/nylon blend of yarn from the etsy shop Lanitium ex Machina, colorway Sabotage. This is one of the quickest shawl patterns I have ever knit up, and it's a lot of fun.

That's what I have done since last night. Like I said, a quick knit! And I'm so excited to get it finished so I can block it. Blocking is the best part of lace knitting. Absolute magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment